Welcome to the new gc-films
In 2008 I had grand plans for this site. I was going to make lots of really neat movies and put them on this site. I made exactly one, Imagination, and put it up in 2010. And there the site sat, untill I decided to rescue it and put all sorts of fun stuff of mine on it. I firmly intend for there to be no unifying idea. What follows is a long list, in not much order, of things I have on this site. Enjoy them, or not, it's not like you are paying to see them.
- Imagination, the movie I did finish.
- Stuff about dragons. 50% learning web coding/design 50% writing fun stuff.
- Some information (rather dated) about California lighthouses. I have visited a number, and post pictures.
- 3D models of buildings implemented in the Art of Illusion beanshell language.
- A list of teen movies that aren't horible.
- Some software I wrote that might be useful.
- The never complete list of books I have typeset and electronically published.
- About 90 pictures I made between 2006 and 2008 with the program Art of Illusion. A few of them were mistaken for photographs at the Mendocino County Fair and Apple Show in 2008. I am probably most proud of the ones "Mary," "Modern Room," and "Wall with human figure."
- A photograph that won an Honorable Mention at the Mendocino County Fair and Apple Show in 2010. I took the photo that summer in Manti Utah, it is a hinge on one of the east doors of the Manti Temple (a church building in central Utah). See more about this very beautiful building here (official site) or here (more user friendly "fan" site). Please do not copy this photograph.
- A 2 page essay on evolution. (Short version: it's not correct.)
- A map of the world, showing
the distance to the closest temple by
color. An interesting programing excercise. Alternate version with names. (Both about 1.1MB.)
- Why I like the Robinson map projection, with more information about the above map.
- Some information about Goldbach's conjecture, and a calculator. (Older version)
- An online wedding cake design tool. Somewhat simple, but useful for estimating the number of servings for a given design.(An older verson here)
- A list of common video aspect ratios.
- A crossword dictionary, allowing you to lookup words that fit into a crossword puzzle. Not currently working.
- Divisibility rules, with proofs.
- A web tool to find formulas for sequences
- A visual list of Oz books published before 1940.
- A random crown generator. An interesting programing exercise and my first attempt at 3D on the web.
- A related but simpler project, random thrones.
More to come, if and when I have time and the inclination.